Green Dirt Farm
Not open to the public other
than by advanced tickets.
Events are seasonal. May-November
For information on the schedule
of events, please go to:
Green Dirt Farm is a small sheep dairy located just outside of Weston on the picturesque bluffs above the Missouri River. This working farm produces farmstead sheep's milk cheeses, yogurt and 100% grass-fed lamb. Green Dirt Farm holds to the tradition of community-based farms where customers can know how their food was produced, and who produced it.
Green Dirt Farm's Principles:
• We are firmly committed to the idea that a foundation of healthy living soil is the key to growing nutritious grass, happy animals, and satisfied customers.
• We do not use pesticides or herbicides on our pastures; or hormones or unnecessary antibiotics in raising our animals. Antibiotics are only used when necessary to treat sick animals.
• We protect our grasses from overgrazing by rotating the sheep to fresh grass every day.
• We actively promote the return of diverse and indigenous, soil-building plant species to our pastures.
• We have and use numerous renewable energy sources on the farm, including passive solar, active solar, wind electricity generation and solar hot water.
• We built our farm with state-of-the-art efficiency that helps to conserve resources and protects our water shed.
• We believe that our customers have the right to know everything about what goes into their food and how it was produced.